Client seeks a qualified full-stack developer to create a new tool/method for collecting and transforming varied data sets in varied formats into a single normalized data store that can be accessed by company’s flagship asset management solutions. To date the implementation team has created assorted tools and sometimes one-offs to accomplish this. The asset data to be collected is stored in varied databases, files, and historians (big data stores of information about various assets in a plant or industrial environment). This person will collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the varied data sets and procedures currently utilized and will architect and develop a new solution that will increase field productivity and reduce the ongoing effort to maintain the solution.
Essential job duties include:
- Investigate existing toolsets and procedures utilized by implementation team to onboard new customers or new industrial facilities.
- Understand what existing tools have been created and how they are utilized and also identify any one-off tools in use in any customer environment.
- Collaborate with product management, product owner, and key stakeholders to gain approval of proposed architecture development plan
- Lead the development effort (may include assisting in the hiring and onboarding of additional development and QA resources to assist)
- Assure that implemented new capabilities meet the needs of implementation team, customers, and product management.
- Follow common development standards and development methodologies to assure efficiency and high performance.
- Work closely with our backend developers to ensure the integrity of the solution.
- Collaborate with peers, implementation team, and customers to achieve maximum end user satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED (Must Have):
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience working with external REST APIs
- Familiarity with IIS and SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledgeable of the most current development best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to collaborate and debate possible solutions or methods to assure customer satisfaction and thus team success.
PREFERRED (but not required):
- Familiar with Jira
- Experience with DevExpress or other third party graphic control libraries
- Familiarity with process industries (refining, chemical, power generation, pulp/paper, mining, etc).
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent written and spoken English skills