Menu
Gold Media Tech
Close menu Gold Media Tech
Request Free Consultation

Lead Data Engineer

With our client you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer product world while also tackling exciting data engineering problems. They see learning and collaboration as the best parts of our day and believe spending 10% of your time making the other 90% of your life easier as a good bet. Our client is meeting-lite, lean, and hungry. That being said, we drop things as soon as we can to help each other out. It enjoys working with each other and are keen on solving grisly eCommerce and logistics problems.

They are a data first company; they load it, transform it, and tell stories with. Our client is backed by Greylock Partners, Y Combinator and top-tier eCommerce and fintech founders.

Tech Stack:

  • Back-end: Python, Django, GraphQL (graphene), pandas, numpy, pytest
  • Front-end: JavaScript, TypeScript, React, NextJs, Apollo, Jest, Enzyme
  • Infrastructure: AWS, Airflow, Airbyte, Terraform, Docker

Hard problems we’re solving

  • Machine Learning: we help Brands plan for the future using modern predictive techniques. Some modelling projects include item bundling, inventory forecasting, and sales projections.
  • Integrations at Scale: we ingest many data sources (Shopify, Facebook Marketing, Google Ads, etc.) for each one of our merchants. Managing these pipelines, ensuring consistency and availability, and maintaining ML-ready data are mission-critical to the business.
  • Optimizing data platform: many of our core services rely on computationally intensive calculations. Building views, transforming tables, and powering offline calculations provide huge improvements across our entire product.

About the Role

You will work closely with the technical co-founder and infrastructure team to lead data engineering efforts.

Responsibilities

  • Maintaining and owning core ELT pipelines.
  • Creating and managing DBT models for core transformations.
  • Leading infrastructure and data pipeline architecture efforts for ML team.
  • Extending data services to ingest new sources

About You

  • 4+ years of production data engineering experience.
  • Database architecture experience.
  • Interest in the eCommerce and/or consumer space.
  • Desire to work in a startup and the hustle to move mountains. As our first hire, you will be instrumental in creating culture and owning foundational components of our system.

Bonus:

  • Experience with ML Ops.
  • Terraform proficiency.

Leave your professional information so we can reach out in the future

View Other Offers