Menu
Gold Media Tech
Close menu Gold Media Tech
Request Free Consultation

Senior Front-end Engineer

About the Role

You will work closely with the technical co-founder and their customers to lead their UI/UX efforts.

Hard problems they’re solving

  • Complex Data Communication: the answers to many of the questions their Brands ask lie in discrete data sets. Weaving these together and choosing the most intuitive patterns and charts for doing so, is critical for helping them grow.
  • Graphical Component Library: they hope to develop their own graphical design system tailored to tackling eCommerce specific problems. This will ensure that they have a consistent, familiar UX for operators in the D2C world.
  • Heavy data processing: their system relies on lots of data and they need to approach client-side caching and processing with some ingenuity. This entails monitoring and optimizing page load times, architecting efficient querying/caching strategies, and collaborating with the backend team to design consistent APIs.

Responsibilities

  • Designing and implementing performant front-end architectures.
  • Building new data visualization and caching strategies.
  • Collaborating with designers, engaging with customers, and communicating API requirements to backend developers.
  • Testing everything.

About You

  • 5+ years of production React experience.
  • Interest in the eCommerce and/or consumer space.
  • Desire to work in a startup and the hustle to move mountains. You will be instrumental in creating culture and owning foundational components of our system.

Bonus:

  • Experience with Python and full-stack development.
  • Design experience with Figma.

About Our Client

With our client, you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer product world while also tackling exciting data visualization and engineering problems. They see learning and collaboration as the best parts of our day and believe spending 10% of your time making the other 90% of your life easier as a good bet. They are meeting-lite, lean, and hungry. That being said, they drop things as soon as we can to help each other out. They enjoy working with each other and are keen on solving grisly eCommerce and logistics problems.

They are a data first company; they load it, transform it, and tell stories with. They’re backed by Greylock Partners, YCombinator and top-tier eCommerce and fintech founders.

Tech Stack used by our client:

  • Front-end: JavaScript, TypeScript, React, NextJs, Apollo, Jest, Enzyme
  • Back-end: Python, Django, GraphQL (graphene), pandas, numpy, pytest
  • Infrastructure: AWS, Airflow, Terraform, Docker

Leave your professional information so we can reach out in the future

View Other Offers