We believe that dogs and cats are more than just pets — they’re part of the family. With rising vet bills and pet expenses, it can cost thousands of dollars a year to keep your pets healthy and safe. That’s why our client is on a mission to improve the quality of life for pets by creating tools & services to transform the world of vet care and how we access it.
Our client is a venture-backed tech company, led by Lux Capital. We’re led by the founding team of products like Clarity Money and Paribus. Their product has been featured in Forbes, Insider, People, the WSJ, and more.
About the Opportunity
The company is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is excited to be part of company’s early story and build a diverse and vibrant tech culture. As a member of the Product Engineering, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the BE features and underlying systems that power the next evolution of pet health care, optimize the conversions for growth, and the platform that enables the product and growth.
Our client hires engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. They look for candidates with a strong sense of ownership who enjoy taking projects from ideation to production. Our client values people who take pride in their work, and can learn quickly. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and will have a large, long-term impact on company’s infrastructure and engineering culture.
What You’ll do
- Build performant and scalable platforms and services to power company’s innovative products.
- Design and build features and APIs using Python (Django), GraphQL, AWS, PostgreSQL.
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product.
- We’re building from the ground up. Help establish and lead recruiting, engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team.
What You’ll Need
- A love for pets, whether you have one or not – the best Engineers are the ones that believe in the work we’re doing.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience building complex backend systems with 3+ years of recent experience using Python in a user-facing production environment.
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale and fast.
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft.