We’re changing pet care.
We believe that dogs and cats are more than just pets — they’re part of the family. With rising vet bills and pet expenses, it can cost thousands of dollars a year to keep your pets healthy and safe. That’s why our client is on a mission to improve the quality of life for pets by creating tools & services to transform the world of vet care and how we access it.
Our client is a venture-backed tech company, led by Lux Capital. We’re led by the founding team of products like Clarity Money and Paribus. Their product has been featured in Forbes, Insider, People, the WSJ, and more.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Senior Front End engineer who is excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech culture. As a member of the Product Engineering, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the products that power the next evolution of pet health care, optimize the conversions for growth, and the platform that enables the product and growth.
They hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. It looks for candidates with a strong sense of ownership who enjoy taking projects from ideation to production. The company values people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and will have a large, long-term impact on an engineering culture.
What You’ll do
- Build performant and scalable web application to showcase the company’s innovative products and perfect the user journey.
- Ship web features using Typescript, React, Gatsby, Apollo, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, etc.
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product.
- Help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team.
What You’ll Need
- A love for pets, whether you have one or not – the best Engineers are the ones that believe in the work we’re doing.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant designing user experiences with 3+ years of recent experience shipping features in React.
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale and fast
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Typescript, Gatsby, Apollo, GraphQL, CSS in-JS, etc.
- Passion for web animations/ fluid, responsive designs, and highly usable web experiences.