You love breaking down complex problems to deliver elegant experiences to customers.
You possess a balance of technology and people skills with a high degree of empathy.
You thrive on cutting through areas of high ambiguity, narrowing down high-level
problems into engineering solutions. You’re able to coordinate across product,
engineering, and support teams to ensure that you’re delivering the right solution for the
right problem and that all parties are aligned. You value your customers and your peers
and want to succeed as a team. You’re comfortable wearing many hats and aren’t afraid
to execute. You’re excited by working on an API product that powers many of the
world’s most impactful applications but that end users may never know exists.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #empathy, #execution, #humility, #curiosity.
- Deploy code daily.
- Lead large product initiatives that may span across multiple teams, including activities ranging from problem definition to engineering scoping to execution.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, and maintainability.
- Quickly debug issues throughout our stack using modern observability tooling and your solid foundation of engineering knowledge.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of relevant backend development experience in a start-up environment.
- Track record of executing and delivering on large projects with high ambiguity.
- Detail-oriented approach to challenges and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exposure to high-growth start-ups.
- Knowledge of agile best practices and how to leverage them to release faster.
- Technical understanding of the software development process.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Experience working cross-functionality across multiple teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- Deep experience working with APIs.
- Strong system-design skills and experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience using a cloud provider. AWS is a bonus.
- Experience using Git in a professional environment.
- Familiar with various API authentication and authorization methods; particularly OAuth.
- Experience using a distributed messaging system.
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices. TDD is a bonus.